December 9, 2022
1. The temperature should not be too high
Assuming that the UPS battery is used at a temperature higher than 35°C above the normal operating temperature, the power of the battery will continue to decrease, which means that the service life of the battery will not be as long as usual. Charging a device would be more disruptive given the temperature. Even if the battery is stored in a high temperature environment, the quality of the battery will inevitably be damaged. Therefore, maintaining a proper operating temperature is a good way to extend the life of Li-ion batteries.
2. The temperature should not be too low
Assuming that the lithium-ion battery is used in a low-temperature environment, that is, below 4°C, it will also be found that the service time of the UPS battery is reduced, and some original lithium-ion batteries in mobile phones cannot even be charged in a low-temperature environment. But don't worry, this is only a temporary condition, unlike in a hot environment, once the temperature rises, the molecules in the battery will be heated and return to their original level.
3. Periodic charging and discharging
To get the most out of a lithium iron phosphate battery, you'll want to use it a lot to keep the electrons in the lithium constantly moving. Assuming that lithium is not used frequently, please remember to end the charging cycle of lithium once a month and do a power calibration, that is, deep discharge and deep charge.
4. Do not mix the battery with metal objects, and prevent the metal objects from touching the positive and negative electrodes of the battery, forming a short circuit, harming the battery or even posing a danger.
5. Lithium iron phosphate batteries should be placed in a clean, monotonous, and ventilated environment, and should be prevented from contacting corrosive substances, and kept away from fire and heat sources.
The above is the introduction of the shortcomings, advantages, working principles and how to maintain the lithium iron phosphate battery. As the backup power supply of UPS batteries, the lithium iron phosphate battery has a broad market prospect and will be applied to more fields.